- October 31, 2019: Ram Samudrala was given an University at
Buffalo Exceptional Scholar - Sustained Achievement Award:
- October 28, 2019: Ram Samudrala was named an NCATS Aspire
Design Challenge Award winner:
- April 15, 2017: Ram Samudrala's application to the MacArthur
Foundation's 100&Change Competition in 2016 was named a Top 200
Applicant. The application's score was one standard deviation
greater (better) than the median score of the top 200 applicants.
- May 4, 2013: A
blog missive on my CANDO talk was published by Jen Davis.
- July 20, 2010: Ram Samudrala won the 2010 NIH Director's
- May 21, 2010: Ram Samudrala won the 2010
Undergraduate Research Mentor Award (snaphot of web page with
- November 24, 2009: IBM/World Community Grid won
the 2009 Asian Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award for
our Nutritious Rice in the
World project in the area of poverty alleviation.
- October 7, 2008: Our automated approach for analysing protein function is
highlighted by the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR).
PLoS Computational Biology 4(9): e1000181 to read the paper.
- July 14, 2008: More than 200 media
articles have been written about our Nutritious Rice for the World
project, including in the New York Times Business
Week, Fortune, CNN Money, The
Times of India, and also a variety of other international
- January 30, 2007: The Washington Research
Foundation's 25th annual
report showcases my work on therapeutic discovery.
- October 10, 2006: The paper entitled "Identifying
inhibitors of the SARS coronavirus proteinase" by Ekachai
Jenwitheesuk and Ram Samudrala published in Bioorganic
& Medicinal Chemistry Letters 13: 3989-3992, 2003
resulted in a Most Cited Paper 2003 - 2006 Award.
- July 21, 2006: An article
in the Journal of
Proteome Research highlights the Bioverse Integrator in
their TOOLbox section.
- February 10, 2005: An article
about my New Investigator Science in Medicine Lecture
was published in University Week.
- December 25, 2004: The Seattle Times
article I wrote about biological evolution being a fact and not a theory
(i.e., the process of evolution is different from theories
explaining how evolution occurs).
- November 1, 2004: An article on systems biology in Northwest
Science and Technology Autumn 2004 issue featured our
- October 9, 2003: The
University of Washington's The Daily and a variety
of other media outlets have written something about my TR100
(world's top young innovators) selection by MIT Technology
- July 7, 2003: The New
York Times published a
letter I wrote about genetic engineering, stating my belief that
directed genetic engineering (the ability to self-evolve) is a
natural consequence of evolution (i.e., if the ability to
self-evolve arises, it will be selectively advantageous).
- March 3, 2001: An article
about the Advanced Technology Initiative under which I was
recruited was published in University Week.
- November 4, 1994: Science did a cool feature
on the Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology (CARB)
where I did my graduate work which tells people about the research
I'm doing (p863).
Samudrala Computational Biology Research Group (CompBio) ||